Technology Department FAQ
See Activation Guide in the Getting Started folder: Step 1: Run backup assistance on old phone Step 2: Initiate service – You will need to call Verizon & follow the prompts. Make sure to have your receipt handy. Step 3: Skip – SIM cards are already in the new phone Step 4: Activate. Make sure old phone is turned off before turning on the new phone. Turn on new phone & follow prompts.
To add email (see pg 22 in Master your Device booklet) – select corporate email
- Domain: vdps.net
- Username: email user name (normally it is lastname.firstname, if not, try first initial then last name (ex.. jsmith)
- Password: email password
- Exchange Server: www1.vdps.net
- Make sure SSL is checked
Sometimes the monitors lose their configuration settings. In order to fix it, follow these steps:
- Push the menu button on the monitor. If at this point you do not see anything on the screen, you probably have a bad monitor. Call x123 for help.
- Use the (-) and (+) keys on the monitor to select "Color" from the menu. Select this option by pushing the Menu button again.
- From the next menu, select "Custom Color" and select by hitting the Menu button again. You should see your screen return to normal.
- Right click anywhere on your desktop to pull up the menu. Select “Screen Resolution” from the list.
- You will pull up the Screen Resolution Menu. From here, you can select your display, change the orientation, or extend your monitor.
- From the “Multiple Displays” dropdown menu, you can select to Extend or Duplicate the displays. If you Extend, you will stretch your monitor across both screen. Use this if you want to have a screen to put things on for the students, and keep a screen that only you can see on your desktop.
- If you choose to Duplicate the displays, the students will see everything that is on your desktop.
- Click “Apply” at the bottom of the screen.
- View your available wireless networks. Select the network VanDyke-Wireless
- Scroll down so you can view the options to enter "Identity" and "Password" and enter your Van Dyke username and password into these two fields. Then click "Connect"
- You should now be connected.