1879- VanDyke School, referred t as “the school house” was the first one-room school in Warren Township, District #5 and was located at the present site of Washington School . The building housed grades 1-8
1921-22- Because of growth a new three story, six room brick building was constructed on Studebaker and Federal . The building hosed grades 1-9
1925 Cornerstone layed for new addition to Lincoln School
1927- Its first 4 year graduating class number 3 students, 2 boys
1927- Believed to be the first year Vandyke school competes in sports.
1930- Girls basketball wins first championship
1933- first year book published. School competed in Football, Basketball, Baseball & Track for boys. Basketball for girls who were called the Lincoln “Lassies” 1934- Shared the football championship with Berkey
1934- First year of organized band.
1935- Share championship with Berkey again
1936- Girls Basketball win championship, boys basketball wins district championship
1938- Baseball wins league championship
1939- Add a vocational wing
1940-Student council started, vocational wind dedicated. Homemaking curriculum developed
1941- Defense building – U.S.O. dedicated. Used for recreation and dances. Later used for an administration building and torn down in 1973
1941- Cross Country is regional champions class B
1942- Counseling Service inaugurated in high school 1942-Orthopedic room for handicapped children equipped
1951- Cornerstone laid for new high school
1953- New high school was completed and named in memory of Mr. James L. Truax who served 20 years as a teacher, principal, superintendent. He was killed in an automobile accident.
1954- Macomb Community College starts with 91 students and remains until 1964 when it becomes a separate school as a result of a county wide vote.
1958-New pool was added, one of the first in the county
1964- New school library opened
1972- Fine Arts, an auditorium, and stadium were completed
1993- Wrestling Class A State Champs & District Champs
1994- Wrestling Class A State Champs
1998- District Volleyball Champions
2005- Macomb County Basketball team of the year
2008- On May 6, 2008 voters in the Van Dyke district approved a $62.6 million bond issue to provide improvements to district facilities. The bond issue is a six-year program designed to provide building improvements at Lincoln High, Lincoln Middle, Carlson, McKinley and Lincoln Elementary schools.
2009- Secondary entrance and new Library completed
2010- New gymnasium completed
2011- New Career building dedicated and named after Mark Kedzier, former board member & district supporter
2012- New Entrance and Administration offices
2020-21- School Goes Virtual for the entire year because of Covid-19
2021- Pool is closed down :(